Agencies and Institutions
Focusing our Efforts with Partners Worldwide
Our synod, along with the ELCA, partners with agencies and institutions locally, nationally, and globally. These relationships are important for many reasons, including:
Access. Because of these relationships, the ELCA works with agencies that have local contacts around the world -- so when crises occur, we have the infrastructure and networks in place to act quickly and to stay in areas of need for the long haul.
Focus. Our partners have developed specialized capacities in many areas of service.
Financial Efficiencies. By working together with partner agencies, we reduce duplication of efforts, and increase our capacity to help people all over the world.
Help for more people. Because of our ecumenical relationships, we can pool our resources, and collaborate with brothers and sisters in the faith to help more people - more effectively.
Stronger, more effective ministry. Together in mission, Lutherans -- and all of God’s people -- can accomplish much more.
To learn more about our key partner agencies and organizations, visit the links below:
- Advocate Health Care (View our Agreement with Advocate)
- Bethel New Life, Inc.
- Concordia Place
- Holy Family Ministries
- Lutheran Campus Ministry comprised of:
- Lutheran Campus Ministry at the University of Chicago
- Lutheran Campus Ministry at Northwestern University
- South Loop Campus Ministry
- Lutheran Life Communities
- Lutheran Outdoor Ministries Center (LOMC)
- Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (LSTC)
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI)
- St. Luke’s Housing Ministries
- Wartburg Theological Seminary
- Wheat Ridge Ministries